I blog here and I also write occasionally for Counterpunch and other online and print publications.
- Remembering Mitch Podolak August 31, 2019Before going to bed last night, I learned from a post I was tagged on on Facebook that Mitch Podolak had died. If I ever checked my Feed, I might have learned earlier -- he had died several days earlier, on August 25th, 2019. Incidentally, exactly one year after US Senator John McCain died, who was about as different politically from Mitch as it would be p […]
- Rich Caloggero June 23, 2019I wrote this to read at some undefined point during the course of my friend Rich Caloggero's wedding on the weekend of June 15th, 2019. I never found a good opportunity to hog the floor with a long speech, but I thought I'd post it on my blog.There are so many things that I could say about a person I first met more than half my life ago. The vast m […]
- New year plan: more podcasting! January 4, 2019My plans for the rest of 2019 include making around 51 more podcast episodes, finishing the first draft of my first-fifty-years memoir, raising kids, and making a lot of espresso in the process (especially this summer in Denmark), among other things.I've learned a lot about making micro podcast episodes since I started with this project last August. If […]
I also maintain a weekly blog to complement each episode of my podcast, This Week with David Rovics.
This Week with David Rovics
- A Week in the Northeast September 29, 2019A prison, a protest, an art exhibit, a family farm, an antiwar conference, rent control, World War 1 and Hunter Biden"Are you going to write something about this? If you do, I'll share it."This wasn't exactly a writing assignment, from one of the co-founders of the venerable anarchist newspaper from Detroit, Fifth Estate, but close enoug […]
- The Making of an Album August 31, 2019As my regular readers and listeners are aware, I tend to go jaggedly back and forth in these missives between discussions of geopolitics and world history, and explorations of the minutiae of the daily life of the working musician. This one belongs in the latter category.It's been years since I've had much time for watching movies -- there was a br […]
- Winning Hearts and Minds in August August 11, 2019It is in these bleak times that people need community and music more than ever -- they just don't tend to realize it. The choir actually needs to be preached to on a regular basis, or it starts singing out of tune.I heard some professional musicians on a BBC program talking about how their feelings of self-worth and general contentment in life are dire […]
You can also read my blog on the David Rovics APP, free on Google or Apple stores.