I blog here and I also write occasionally for Counterpunch and other online and print publications.
- Autumn 2019 Tour Reflections November 23, 2019The last of a series of gigs I've been doing over the past six weeks on the road was last night. I don't always manage to collect my thoughts on the experience into a blog post, but I will this time. For a very long time now I have usually been doing two tours of this length or longer, every spring and every autumn. Sometimes my lack of a blog po […]
- Navigating the Internet in the Age of Facebook October 28, 2019Coping with future shock: getting more out of the web for people who got stuck... I heard an interview with the author who coined the term, future shock, back in the 1980's. I haven't read the book, but the term has become familiar, since it's now something we're all experiencing to one degree or another. For better and for worse, child […]
- Fall tour updates, spring tour plans, podcasts, livestreams, albums and more... October 28, 2019Greetings from the Cooley Mountains of County Louth, Ireland, where I'm in the midst of an album recording project which is going brilliantly. Here's a little update on the project, from day 3 in bandit country.Speaking of bandit country, I've got one gig in Ireland during my week here, along with the fabulous producer of this album project, P […]
I also maintain a weekly blog to complement each episode of my podcast, This Week with David Rovics.
This Week with David Rovics
- An Australian tourist, a Bulgarian prison, and a recording session December 9, 2019Bulgaria, it appears, is a captured state. I'll get to that in a minute. I first heard about Jock Palfreeman, an Australian serving a lengthy prison sentence in Bulgaria, through a fellow Australian. The context was a message from my friend Kamala that was straightforward, to the effect of, "would you write a song about Jock?"I'm never […]
- If I Had A Hammer November 13, 2019Can a hundred thousand people with sledgehammers change the world?The past few weeks have seen so many developments in the world. Such as absolutely massive, ongoing and very militant protests happening in a multitude of countries. Not just in capital cities, but throughout countries like Ecuador, Chile, Lebanon, Iraq, Algeria, Sudan, in places like Catalo […]
- A Week in the Northeast September 29, 2019A prison, a protest, an art exhibit, a family farm, an antiwar conference, rent control, World War 1 and Hunter Biden"Are you going to write something about this? If you do, I'll share it."This wasn't exactly a writing assignment, from one of the co-founders of the venerable anarchist newspaper from Detroit, Fifth Estate, but close enoug […]
You can also read my blog on the David Rovics APP, free on Google or Apple stores.