I blog here and I also write occasionally for Counterpunch and other online and print publications.
- New year plan: more podcasting! January 4, 2019My plans for the rest of 2019 include making around 51 more podcast episodes, finishing the first draft of my first-fifty-years memoir, raising kids, and making a lot of espresso in the process (especially this summer in Denmark), among other things.I've learned a lot about making micro podcast episodes since I started with this project last August. If […]
- Life After Facebook -- Ten Suggestions October 11, 2018A lot of people lately are more fully realizing the many down sides to Facebook. Yes, it's only one of many massive corporations dominating much of the globe's online communications, but it's an especially problematic one on many levels. With billions of users, it's so dominant it's almost impossible to ignore, especially for certa […]
- Crunching the Numbers October 11, 2018DIY Touring in 2018 I suddenly feel compelled to do some public number-crunching, in case it interests anybody. It's mainly for self-therapy. Also, things are constantly changing in the indy music biz, such as it is, and I haven't done a public number-crunching in a while. Yes, I did have an experience which led me to feel compelled to write this […]
I also maintain a weekly blog to complement each episode of my podcast, This Week with David Rovics.
This Week with David Rovics
- Facing Blackface February 14, 2019On the 160th birthday of the White Homeland (the state of Oregon).As a kid growing up in Connecticut in the 1970's, browsing the few available TV channels that there were, one of the things you would be exposed to now and then was white men with darkened faces doing supposedly comedic skits mocking Black people. This came mainly in the form of re-broadc […]
- State of Emergency February 7, 2019After decades of working as a professional musician I had to grudgingly admit that all the popular mythology about lip-syncing automatons was nonsense, and that the vast majority of actual pop stars are exceptional performers. After decades of observing political campaigns, I had a similar realization about most prominent politicians. They're not stupid […]
- My Own Industrial Collapse January 31, 2019Here in the USA, the government shutdown is over for now and the state of emergency has not yet been declared. Stay tuned to future episodes, when we find out what happens next in America's rapid transition to an openly fascist state.Hundreds of thousands of government workers and millions of contract workers are trying to put their lives back together. […]
You can also read my blog on the David Rovics APP, free on Google or Apple stores.