I blog here and I also write occasionally for Counterpunch and other online and print publications.
- Rich Caloggero June 23, 2019I wrote this to read at some undefined point during the course of my friend Rich Caloggero's wedding on the weekend of June 15th, 2019. I never found a good opportunity to hog the floor with a long speech, but I thought I'd post it on my blog.There are so many things that I could say about a person I first met more than half my life ago. The vast m […]
- New year plan: more podcasting! January 4, 2019My plans for the rest of 2019 include making around 51 more podcast episodes, finishing the first draft of my first-fifty-years memoir, raising kids, and making a lot of espresso in the process (especially this summer in Denmark), among other things.I've learned a lot about making micro podcast episodes since I started with this project last August. If […]
- Life After Facebook -- Ten Suggestions October 11, 2018A lot of people lately are more fully realizing the many down sides to Facebook. Yes, it's only one of many massive corporations dominating much of the globe's online communications, but it's an especially problematic one on many levels. With billions of users, it's so dominant it's almost impossible to ignore, especially for certa […]
I also maintain a weekly blog to complement each episode of my podcast, This Week with David Rovics.
This Week with David Rovics
- Truth, Lies, and Will Van Spronsen July 19, 2019I have lost track of the number of times in the past few days that I have been told by openly fascist YouTube viewers that I deserve a bullet in my head for writing my most recent song.It's been a pretty busy week. It's always a busy week when you have a small child, much more so if you have two of them. And then along with my wife and teenage daug […]
- Embargoes and Other Acts of War July 12, 2019The war between the United States and Japan began with a US-enforced oil embargo against the Japanese Empire.Right now, in the United States, huge detention camps are being constructed for the increasingly criminalized refugee and migrant population, a campaign of government-sponsored domestic terror run by a supposedly temporary, "acting" head of […]
- So This Is What It's Like July 6, 2019Living among the concentration camps of America.Concentration camps in the United States are nothing new. As has been widely reported, one of the many new, austere, prison camps for dividing up and indefinitely detaining families for the crime of being refugees that has recently opened up is one in Oklahoma that was previously used for the same purposes dur […]
You can also read my blog on the David Rovics APP, free on Google or Apple stores.