I blog here and I also write occasionally for Counterpunch and other online and print publications.
- Luigi Galleani: The Most Dangerous Anarchist In America April 30, 2020This is a book review of Luigi Galleani: the Most Dangerous Anarchist In America by Antonio Senta (AK Press, 2019) that appears in Fifth Estate #406, Spring, 2020. Sacco and Vanzetti, the Italian-American anarchists executed in Massachusetts in 1927 for a robbery and murder they probably had nothing to do with, had a favorite newspaper. They regularly visite […]
- Want a concert, workshop, or open mic hosted on your Facebook Page? April 7, 2020Even If I can't do a concert in your living room, I can do one on your Facebook Page, and it's actually pretty cool Since the COVID-19 crisis hit, one thing that's been happening is musicians and artists of all kinds have been engaged in a lot more experimentation with doing concerts, workshops and other things on the internet. I have been doi […]
- Not Dead Yet February 28, 2020Hi world! I'm not dead. That's the main thing I wanted to say. If you were worried, but you're too busy to keep reading, you can stop now. I heard from a couple of friends this morning who had just listened to today's episode of Democracy Now!, and thought they had heard Amy Goodman announce my demise. However, it was not I who died, but […]
I also maintain a weekly blog to complement each episode of my podcast, This Week with David Rovics.
This Week with David Rovics
- Diary of a Smoke Refugee September 20, 2020As Arun Gupta tweeted the other day, “Pardon the catastrophic global warming, we now return you to your regularly scheduled state violence.”It's been quite a week here in Oregon. I know there are plenty of other horrors happening in the world. The invisible ones are the worst. Like tens of millions of children in the US going to bed hungry every night i […]
- Eviction Abolition: The Time Is Now September 4, 2020It's the beginning of the month. Do you know your neighbors?I have several questions for you. Can you imagine a society where the prospect of a forced eviction is considered completely barbaric, and is virtually or entirely unheard of in practice? Can you imagine the United States becoming one of those societies? And have you joined a local community g […]
- Escalation in Portland August 31, 2020If there is a point at which we realize we are taking our lives in our hands by just going downtown and marching in the streets, this might be it.Last night a man was shot to death near the Justice Center in downtown Portland, where protests have been taking place every night for over three months. Details are still coming in, but it appears the deceased was […]
You can also read my blog on the David Rovics APP, free on Google or Apple stores.