I blog here and I also write occasionally for Counterpunch and other online and print publications.
- New year plan: more podcasting! January 4, 2019My plans for the rest of 2019 include making around 51 more podcast episodes, finishing the first draft of my first-fifty-years memoir, raising kids, and making a lot of espresso in the process (especially this summer in Denmark), among other things.I've learned a lot about making micro podcast episodes since I started with this project last August. If […]
- Life After Facebook -- Ten Suggestions October 11, 2018A lot of people lately are more fully realizing the many down sides to Facebook. Yes, it's only one of many massive corporations dominating much of the globe's online communications, but it's an especially problematic one on many levels. With billions of users, it's so dominant it's almost impossible to ignore, especially for certa […]
- Crunching the Numbers October 11, 2018DIY Touring in 2018 I suddenly feel compelled to do some public number-crunching, in case it interests anybody. It's mainly for self-therapy. Also, things are constantly changing in the indy music biz, such as it is, and I haven't done a public number-crunching in a while. Yes, I did have an experience which led me to feel compelled to write this […]
I also maintain a weekly blog to complement each episode of my podcast, This Week with David Rovics.
This Week with David Rovics
- Of Triggers and Bullets January 18, 2019This commentary is dedicated to all of my friends who don't know the difference between a trigger and a bullet. I apologize in advance if I sound condescending. I'm 51 years old and I've been through this nonsense too many times – and every time it gets more surreal.It's an imperfect metaphor -- that's the nature of metaphors. But yo […]
- Joy of Life January 13, 2019There are a lot of different reasons why people like me tend to alienate others. On occasions when I'm spending a bunch of time attempting to interact with what we may for these purposes refer to as “mainstream society,” I realize what a misanthrope I appear to be. Whenever I meet a new person and we engage in conversation that lasts for more than two m […]
- Living Room Elephant January 3, 2019It's a new year, and I for one am going to start it out by talking about the elephant in the living room. What's that, you wonder? Well let's see, if we turn on the news we'll hear a lot about the government shutdown, the tear-gassing of refugees on the border, Trump's demand for a wall, partisan conflict, Trump's racism and xen […]
You can also read my blog on the David Rovics APP, free on Google or Apple stores.